Sustainably managing the environment presents both real challenges and new opportunities. The environment and its relationship with human activity need to be carefully, creatively, and cooperatively managed.
Countries around the world have acknowledged a ‘skills gap’ in their work force. Acquiring green technical skills and green managerial skills will be essential for the leaders and managers of the forthcoming transition to a green economy.
The Master in Environmental Management is a 10-month full-time program located at IE’s lively campus in the heart of Madrid. This interdisciplinary program prepares students in each of four core areas necessary for career success: (1) Environmental Business, Economics, and Policy, (2) Environmental Science, (3) Professional Research & Analytics, and (4) Leadership.
After graduating, students pursue high-impact and exciting careers in environmental management, such as consulting, risk analysis, resource management, eco-innovation, green business, corporate social responsibility, communications, policy analysis and research, or lobbying and advocacy.
• Growing demand for green product and services.
• Rapid growth of green jobs and an increasing global need for well-trained professionals able to serve in high-impact roles.
• Employment-focused curriculum designed in conjunction with industry professionals and based on the needs of employers.
• Training in the interpersonal and behavioral skills required for effective leadership.
• Consulting Project conducted in conjunction with businesses, governments, non-governmental organizations or a new venture proposal.Close
The program is appropriate for both graduating students and young professionals. Students enter the program with diverse backgrounds and interests. They come from fields such as business, economics, policy, science, marketing or entrepreneurship, among others. Yet they share a common goal: positively transforming the way organizations and individuals interact with the environment.Close
The Master in Environmental Management is an intensive, ten month program divided into the following key knowledge areas:
1. Environmental Business, Economics, and Policy Developing interdisciplinary skills and perspectives to innovate, manage, and lead positive impact and change.
2. Environmental Science Understanding core areas of environmental science and how science can drive sustainability in business, economics and policy.
3. Professional Research & Analytical Skills Gathering, analyzing and presenting data to influence and to drive decision making.
4. Consulting project It is a practical experience, working with businesses, governments, non-governmental organizations or a new business idea.
+ Leadership Skills I, II Developing the ability to influence people and mobilize resources to achieve results.Close
If you decide to join us at IE, you will be part of more than a Masters program. Your learning will go beyond the academic courses, and extend to a rich array of on-campus and off-campus activities, and to the cultural and professional life in the city of Madrid. You will benefit greatly from your classmates in the program, from relationships with students in other programs at IE University and IE Business School, and from your relationships with faculty.
If you decide to enroll in our Master in Environmental Management, you will join a thriving community of more than 85 different nationalities that come to IE in Madrid each year for world-class graduate education. Madrid is one of the great cities of Europe, and IE’s campus is centrally located in the beautiful Salamanca neighborhood – only a few stops on the metro from the cultural and historical center of city, and from the many neighborhoods that make up the life of Madrid.Close
After graduation, you enter a broad and exciting job market in which there is a rapidly growing demand for multi-skilled professionals who are able to help solve complex problems with creative and cooperative solutions. Environmental management spans a wide range of careers and roles, including consulting, risk analysis, resource management, eco-innovation, green business, corporate social responsibility, communications, policy analysis and research, lobbying and advocacy, community organization, and environmental education.Close
Being part of the IE Community is more than just being an alumnus; it's being a part of a global network of people sharing a set of common goals and ethical values. You will build a network of contacts with your classmates, professors, and associations and clubs, as well as benefit from the corporate relationships that IE has fostered over the years.Close
At IE, we seek dynamic, motivated, creative candidates with excellent academic and/or professional backgrounds who have the potential to develop interpersonal and leadership skills demanded of top professionals. If you think that the Master in Environmental Management is right for you, you can browse the links below to learn more about how to apply, how to finance your program and the next steps you need to take to join us.
Admission is granted on a rolling basis and although early application is recommended, there is no deadline for applications for a particular intake. Admission is valid for two years.
Our rigorous selection process is geared towards selecting those candidates that demonstrate the highest potential. The process is divided into three steps:
- Submission of application form an documents
- Personal Interview
- Final decision
The admissions process is a rolling process and as such there is no deadline for application for a particular intake.
More on the Admissions Process in our Detailed InformationClose
To be considered for admission, a candidate must have successfully completed the following prior to submission:
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) from an accredited university
- One-page CV
- Official university transcripts (certified translation into English or Spanish)
- English language certificate (Cambridge Proficiency, TOEFL, IELTS, EOI) for non-native English speakers. Not required for those having completed an undergraduate degree in English
- Photocopy of current passport
- One passport-size photo
- Duly completed application form, including all supporting documents
- Application fee 120€ (non-refundable and payable by credit card or cash)Close
Candidates pay a non-refundable application fee of 120€ to cover administrative costs.
The tuition fees for the Master in Environmental Management for the October 2012 intake total 19,200€, including a 1,200€ contribution to the IE Foundation.
Admission is valid for two years, allowing the successful applicant up to two years to reserve a place on an intake, thus allowing students to plan their experience. To reserve a place on the Master in Environmental Management, intake students are required to make a deposit of 4.000€ + the contribution to the IE Foundation (1,200€)Close
Those students in possession of an official university diploma, or with an equivalent official diploma that allows access to post-graduate studies in the country of your university studies, will be awarded an Official University Máster Universitario en Análisis del Cambio Medioambiental Global/Global Environmental Change Analysis from IE University.
If you want a friend to receive this information by e-mail, do it from here. Fill in his/her contact details and, if you want, personalize the text message.